Newhouse would not be able to operate as efficiently and effectively without the generous support of individual volunteers and volunteer groups who visit the shelter each month. Highly skilled or not so skilled volunteers are welcome. Click here to view Volunteer Packet.
Currently, we are seeking on-site individuals to help with the following:
– Sort donations of gently used clothing, shoes, accessories, personal care items and daily needs.
– General upkeep of the facility: outdoor grounds clean-up, indoor organization of storage spaces, painting of common area and resident’s rooms. Often there are special projects that require skilled labor, please call for more details.
– Advocates to answer the 24-hour HOTLINE, training provided
– Serve meals, assist in the kitchen
– Office support, general administration
To learn how you or your company, group can impact the lives of those living at the shelter, email our Community Engagement Coordinator or call 816-474-6446 X225. Please allow for at least one month’s notice when scheduling group volunteer activities.
Sign up to receive e-mail requests for volunteers.
Ready to jump in and begin changing lives with your volunteer time? Complete the from below!